Typical Day….. in the admin life
I thought it would be a good opportunity to kind of check in on the typical task-filled day. Here’s what was on my list today.
- Follow up on A/R
- Seek out vendors for cubicle panels
- Customer Service tickets follow up, including webmeeting and calls
- Find restaurant and schedule reservation for luncheon for a staff member’s send off party
- Order supplies for two new staff members
- Request IT equipment and additional network cords
- Update new client and contact information in database and contacts system
- Review project list with one of our project managers to make certain our client is receiving followup and communication on tasks as they are resolved
- Attend staff-wide projects meeting
- Search internet for going away gift for staff member leaving
- Reschedule marketing meeting to review new tradeshow exhibit design
- Pull promo catalog items for tradeshow order
- Start gathering information and set up for the company newsletter for this quarter..
- Contacted Assoc. of Professional Office Managers for vendor resources
- Make list of client admins – I want to send them an acknowledgment for Administrative Professionals Day. (4/26/06)
.. I’m sure I’m forgetting at least one or two things ..but you get the gist.
What about you? If you take the time to jot a list of what you accomplish .. it’s a good feeling to validate why you are tired after your workday..but also to say, “Hey! I got alot done today.”
And you know what? I did get alot done today. Tomorrow’s Friday.. Yeah!