I love Twitter. As an admin… I love Twitter. As a sports fan, I love Twitter. As a news junkie, I love Twitter. I realize not everyone cares for the medium.That’s okay. Agree to disagree.
I believe that every single administrative professional should have a Twitter account. I’m not saying you need to post up your 140 character thoughts. You don’t have to. Yet, if you are looking for a streamlined resource of information from administrative professionals or folks in related-fields, then setting up a Twitter account and creating a ‘follow’ list of specific relevant organizations or persons needs to be on your to-do list.
You can set up lists that have only airline Twitter accounts or list that has all IAAP Twitter accounts, or maybe you track articles for your supervisor? Create a Twitter list for media. These are all helpful and generally super informative. You can always stop ‘Following’ any Twitter account that is not providing useful info.
Here are some of my favorites for administrative professionals — check them out.
1. @JuliePerrine [www.allthingsadmin.com]- great admin peer and fellow IAAP member
2. @MakeUseOf [www.makeuseof.com] – software tricks/tips/ generally cool IT info
3. @DayTimerPage – [www/daytimer.com] Some folks still love paper planners.. Don’t knock them. Help them.! sometimes has coupons, sometimes new product info, mostly time and organizational tips
4. @LauraStack – [www.theproductivitypro.com] ]Well known productivity guru-
5. @SocialFishFood -[www.socialfish.org] – Great resource on all things social media
6. @LinkedMediaGroup -[www.linkedmediagroup.com] – Another fabulous resource on social media and branding
7. @LucyBrazier [www.executivesecretary.com] -The London-based owner/editor of Executive Secretary Magazine
8. @Leadershipfreak [http://leadershipfreak.wordpress.com/]- Dan Rockwell’s succinct and powerful leadership thoughts
9. @Dewoun – Dewoun Hayes- [http://adminhotspot.blogspot.com/] – Another fabulous IAAP member and fellow blogger for IAAP -EFAM in Montreal
10. @AvidCareerist – [www.avidcareerist.com] Donna Svei has so much great information on resumes, job hunting, LinkedIn — I feel like I know her! Superb information.
11. @LinkedIn – [http://blog.linkedin.com/] Great info on all things as they relate to LinkedIn®
Give it a try.. You just might like it!