Antoinette (Toni) Smith, CAP-OM took on the gavel for IAAP’s International Assoc. of Administrative Professionals presidency for 2014-2015 year. Her walkup music, ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’.. which I love.
Some highlights to Toni’s incoming speech:
- Talked about the support of her supervisors and the role that has played into her success as an administrative professional
- Recognized her Boeing colleagues– First-timers! and her family in attendance
- The impact of IAAP membership.. on members
- The challenge of moving the organization forward and move it forward quickly, to address the disconnect between the current workplace environment and the membership organization and governance
- Challenged membership to help increase the number of certified members
- Move to the electronic certification exam
- Plenty of new leadership opportunities,especially with the transition to branches
- Competition from other administrative professional organizations
The last day of EFAM is always bittersweet. Everyone is tired, but happy. Ready to go home but hating to leave behind our colleagues.